Here are a few tips on how to ace the interview-
- Dress the Part First impressions count!
- Confidence & A firm hand shake.
- Sell yourself from the start.
- Prepare questions… Towards the end of an interview employers might give you the opportunity to ask questions. This is an excellent opportunity to show off your strengths and passion. Avoid questions that are inappropriate, confusing or immature. Pay attention to what the interviewer is looking for and expand. Avoid questions regarding pay, vacation, benefits, expenses- These types of questions come across as lazy and money hungry. Instead, wait for the second interview or for the interviewer to bring up these topics. In some cases, the person who is interviewing you might not know the answers to these questions.
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Thank the interviewer. Ask for a time frame in which the company will be making a decision and when the appropriate time to follow up is. Shake their hand.
- Send a thank you note after the interview.
- Interview OFTEN- If you are truly in search of your dream career, multiple interviews can’t hurt. They help you practice and prefect your interview skills.